Friday, April 30, 2010

She's a Killer Queen

I am a murderer.

So, one of the things we have here in the new house is a cute little garden window in the kitchen - the sort where you grow herbs in pots and use them for cooking.

I've been making a lot of my own salad dressings lately, and fresh herbs are expensive, so I ran out and got some cute pots and hardy looking little plants, and spent part of last weekend planting and arranging my new friends.

As of today, I can no longer pretend that there is ANY way the cilantro is still alive or could ever stage a comeback. I have things in the outside compost heap that have more life left in them than this poor thing does.

Cilantro is generally pretty hardy, and tough to kill, but I did it in record time. The poor thing looks like I filled the pot with dirt, watered it carefully, and then set it on fire. From across the room with a blowtorch.

I guess I won't be making salsa any time soon.

I was going to take a picture so you could all be sad with me, but the battery in the camera is dead. I am reeling from the irony.

1 comment:

Wonder Turtle Soaps said...

LOL - Love what you said about the cilantro looking like you planted it, carefully watered it, and then set it on fire! Sounds like me. I've always wanted a little kitchen herb garden, but I've never gotten one because I assume that I'll just kill everything in it. I have killed two cactus plants. Really.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online