Friday, July 24, 2009

What’s On The Curing Rack?

California Avocado: This bar is made with real pureed avocado, organically grown from my very own tree. It's lightly scented with a combination of tomato leaf and white tea. Mild and sudsy and perfect for sensitive skins!



Carrot Citrus Ginger: can hear you thinking "carrots in soap?" Yep, trust me, carrot soap has a lovely creamy lather - it's one of my favorites! This bar is made with local, organically grown carrots, and scented with essential oils of grapefruit, lemon, orange, and fresh ginger. No added colorants - the perky orange hue is due entirely to the carrots. Give it a try!


Lavender Honey: Lavender is a long-standing classic soap scent, and the addition of honey just makes it sweeter and more soothing. This is an absolutely lovely blend!



Lemony Snickets: This all essential oil blend begins with lemony litsea, lightly touched with lavender and spearmint. Over it all, sweet and insistent, is star anise essential oil. The dark, dramatic color comes from activated charcoal.


Mardi Gras: Fresh tangy berries, sweet spice, and earthy mysterious notes - silky smooth and sinful, just like it should be. An ivory colored bar with ribbons of green, gold and purple in honor of a legendary celebration.
This bar is loaded with added silk fibers for a rich, luxurious lather.


Pomegranate & Black Currant: Tart, delicious pomegranate and juicy black currants are at the heart of this fruity blend. Pucker up, baby!

Plus, I’m starting to work on Christmas soaps. It just isn’t a summer heat wave unless I’m screaming at a misbehaving batch of Pumpkin Spice soap and complaining that my hair smells like a Christmas tree. I’m going to be bringing back last year’s favorites – Cranberry Crush, North Woods, Mulled Cider, and Pumpkin Spice. But I’ve gotta know – is there something you’re dying to see for the holidays? If there is, tell me now, and I might be able to include it. I’m rapidly losing the feeble hold I had on sanity, so no promises, but I can try.


Oh, and a word on sample packs:

MY GOD.

It’s like locusts were here again. I am out of everything in sample slices. So those will be back…

...um, in a couple of weeks or so.

I need to find a leprechaun or a gremlin or something and teach them to shrink wrap things while I sleep, or I’m never gonna catch up.

Which means that I am about to ask my annual question – how, in the name of St. Hubbins*, is it possible that it is July and I am already behind for October? What kind of insane business have I gotten myself into? And why I am in this handbasket, and why is it getting warmer?

Great. The dog is trying to hide behind the couch to avoid my ranting and he can’t because Jesse is already back there. Cowards.

* Saint Hubbins is a little known saint of quality footwear. He was a bishop and is believed to have lived in the 3rd to 4th centuries. Direct historical data is missing and several historians are of the opinion that this concerns a mixture of facts about two different bishops living and working in the different towns of Soreto and Angers. The cult of veneration has been documented as early as the 7th century. He is considered as the patron of clog makers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOM NOM!
I'll take one of each pretty please!
heya girl, its Miss LIlly =)
nice to see ya!

Jane said...

Looking forward to California Avocado & Lavender Honey. Carrot Citrus Ginger is awesome!

sisterofmagichands said...

I can't wait to try them all!

Unknown said...

they all sound delicious!! I like the Lemony Snicket one!

Shannon
http://www.blog.thebathproject.com/

leslie said...

I am fairly new to cold process soap making and I tried to make lavender honey soap. I only added 1 tsp of honey to a 4 lb batch but the part I wanted to be whiter
turned a light caramel color. I didn't wrap it in a blanket either because of the heat with the honey. It wasn't white and purple like yours. I would really appreciate your help on this. Thank you.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online