Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Broken Hearts and Farewells

I haven't posted in a long long while. I was too busy living to write about it. I've had lots of ideas, but no urge to type. I find now that I must.

Over the time I blogged, something that started as a business and craft site very quickly became Guess What The Dog Did. Bander has always had a way of doing that, making everything revolve around him.

I've posted endlessly about his fears, his quirks, his anxieties and his need for prozac. I've shared his surgeries and his truly mind-boggling level of financial support. There are also things I didn't say much about, and I hope they were understood - his dignity, his endless patience, his courage, and his unbelievably sweet disposition. Along with his high level of dependence on us, came a level of trust in everything we asked of him. He was a perfect gentleman in restaurants, at the vet, or in noisy crowds.

Yeah, that's past tense you're reading. Because he is crossing the bridge tomorrow, and we are already reeling with pain and loss.

With Bander's death, the blog ends.

7 comments:

Andi said...

My heart breaks for you, Jackie. I love you, and am always here for you, whenever you need me.

Beautiful Bander, may you rest in peace, sweet friend. I will always love you.

cindy said...

I was so excited to see that you posted in your blog. It has been a long time. After reading your post, it has brought tears to my eyes. Just remember, as one door closes, another opens. Take care.

pam said...

I always enjoyed reading your blog, especially the posts about Bander. My heart breaks for you - wishing you all the best.

Spookworks said...

I am deeply sorry for your loss, Jackie. You and Bander are in my thoughts.

Take good care of yourself.

xox
~Elise.

Pam said...

Jackie what a wonderful life Bander had with your love! You enjoyed his everything and now he leads the way to the ever mystical next adventure. My hope is your broken heart mends tenderly and gently.

Pam

Anonymous said...

Jackie,
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a furbaby is gut wrenching and that feeling never leaves you. When I first heard about Banders passing over at makeupalley I couldn't bring myself to visit your blog to share my condolences. I started following your blog when you began posting about Bander and felt like I'd gotten to know all of you. My heart breaks for you guys. I took some time to read through all the Bander posts one more time and see his sweet, smiling face and gosh darn it, cried the whole time. You could tell just by looking in his eyes that he was a sweet boy and was really loved and loved in return. I am so happy that the last years of his life were such happy ones filled with so much love, fun and joy. My thoughts are with you. God Bless.
A

Joanna Schmidt said...

I am so sorry, Jackie. There is such an empty void when a loved one leaves the earth. I truly respect you and care for you. Call on me anytime - I am here for you.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online